shower elbow outlet connector problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm in the process of reconfiguring my bathroom and I've hot a 'little' problem. I have a fixed mixer shower head with a secondary outlet for a handheld shower, which is connected via a flexi-hose to a 'designer' elbow.

After tiling it seems that the thread isn't quite long enough to reach the wall mounted female elbow connector concealed within the wall. I have a contingency plan, but wondered if there is a way of 'extending' the thread to reach?

The male connector has a hex key internal and can be removed from the 'designer' elbow, but the thread is a lot narrower after the rubber seal into the elbow than the regular tap type thread used for connecting to the elbow to the female wall mounted elbow situated in the wall behind the tiles, are any of the below options possible:

- extending regular tap male thread?
- a 1/2" male to 1/2" female coupler (I think these are the sizes??)
- a replacement and longer male 'tap' thread that will connect into the elbow with a narrower thread after a rubber washer

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back