Shower Outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thermo mixer shower manifold which i have just located in the wall. i have piped the hot and cold to the manifold. my problem is the Outlet from the manifold. I have a chrome elbow which the shower head flex connects to, the other end of this elbow is 15mm tap male. how do i insert this elbow thru a tile tighten the lock nut behind the tile, and connect up to the manifold 3/4\\\" bsp female, just cant see a way of getting spanners to the fittings. the bathroom will be tiled when i finish the plumbing and get the wall skimmed

Sponsored Links
If the outlet from the mixer is buried in the wall you need to put pipe between it and a wall outlet thingy. Your pipe at the new outlet from the wall will have a 1/2" female appearing at the hole in the tile.

For this sort of thing
10609.gif

to screw into.

The chrome elbow has a 2" long male parallel thread to take a female tap fitting unlike the one pictured above (short female). my problem is securing this to the manfold outlet behind when the tile is in place.
how would i get to the fittings to tighten?.

thanx

Sponsored Links
Thanx for the reply.

The chrome elbow has a long parrallel thread and is baggy in the backplate elbow, i could place a fibre washer inside the b/p elbow but i believe general movement of the shower hose could affect this joint over time creating a leak behind the tile.

thanx

Thanx for the advise.

The thread on the chrome elbow looks like it needs to seal on something with it not being tapered, is it practice to put a fibre washer into the b/p elbow to achieve this?, and if i cut the chrome thread and its not a completely square cut, would that not give me a leak as it wouldnt be square on the fibre washer?.

thanx again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back