Shower Outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a question that was asked in the past but I cannot see the answer and would be grateful for some help.

I have a thermo mixer shower which I have just located in a partition wall. I have piped the hot and cold to the mixer, a separate pipe is needed to the chrome wall outlet elbow (to which the flexible shower hose connect), I can see how this can be fitted (and tightened) when there is access behind the fittings, my problem is when tiling is undertaken the chrome elbow needs removing and replacing after tiling is finished. What fittings are preferred that will enable the chrome outlet to be screwed in and out ensuring a leakproof seal?

Sponsored Links
What fittings are preferred
Would prefer better fittings than you can get. Flexibility in the pipes is useful, so you can put the elbow on before tiling. Put plenty of ptfe tape on the thread whose axis is horizontal, then it isn't too critical how far you've screwed the fitting on. If you need a longer sticky out bit you can use "radiator extensions"(chrome) or "tap extensions"(brass) or even a chrome 1/2" to 15mm compression adaptor. The compression male thread is also 1/2", which you can use.
Nothing like Good design eh?
Nothing at all!

One is a pro, innit, so one has these things in 5mm increments from 10mm up to about 40mm. Not from B&Q though.
radextns.jpg

You could try your local merchant.[/img]

Shower fittings can be such a pain in the a**se. Isn't it time that manufactureres stopped producing some of this cr*p?

Sponsored Links
Thanks ChrisR and others for their comments I thought it was just me missing a trick. I will have to persevere before the dreaded BO become permanent!!

I have got exactly the same problem.

Ron - did you come up with a good solution?

Has anyone else fitted one that can explain the best way to do it?

Cheers
Jon

surface mount.

when you've had a few tiled-in showers fail, you'll see why.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back