Shower Outlet - Triton LP Thermostatic Mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post, so please be gentle... :oops:

We have a Triton LP Thermo shower installed, with only the mixer and outlet coming out of the wall. All else is behind the plaster board.

The outlet is a standard outlet, with a Plastic elbow, appears to be 1/2 BSP. However, the connection into the shower out let is leaking, and on closer inspection the plastic elbow inside the circular outlet has cracked.

So....went onto Triton's website, and ordered a new outlet "assembly". The "Assembly" does not include the 1/2 outlet elbow connector, and it's not even listed as a spare separately so it's a bit useless. For £30 including delivery it's a rip off, but I just cannot get any answer at Triton at all. This is all very disappointing!

Anyway, I have been to various merchants, and no one can sell me just the elbow. What's really gaulling is that the outlet from the shower is a copper 1/2 threaded pipe, but Male. So the elbow I need is Female (where it screws into the outlet) and Male (where the shower hose connects).

Having been on several websites, I can get an entire outlet unit for a £few, but they are all Male both ends, which won't fit. I really don't want to go down the route of getting a converter, as that could lead to leaks just at the point of the tiling etc, so I would like to get a proper part.

So for now I have just screwed the shower hose straight into the oulet pipe, and no leaks!!

Does anyone know ehere I can get one? What I need is a 1/2 BSP elbow outlet, Femal to Male, so that I can just stick the outlet assembly over the elbow??

Sponsored Links
Just ordred the chrome one. Thanks mate!! I'll let you know how I get in with it.

Triton have finally emailed me back -

Hi

The part you need is separate from the bulkhead.

7051501 £9.35 plus postage

Thank you for your enquiry.

Which I think is too expensive for a plastic part. I appreciate that the Triton one it will fit into the housing perfectly, but if the Chrome one doesn't, I'll send the housing back to Triton if I can.

Many thanks!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back