Flexi hose elbow connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flexible hose that is fitted under a sink that doesn't comfortably reach the brass fitting it connects to. Is there an elbow connector that I can fit to extend the current pipe/connector slightly to allow for a more comfortable connection? Obviously, I could get a longer flexible hose but adding an elbow to the main pipe would actually be easier. Need male to female elbow of the correct size for standard tap flexi hose. What type is that?

Sponsored Links
Yes, I think that would probably work. I assume for the right side end I can take the screw on part off and attach the flexi hose?

The left side end would attach to where the flexi hose is attached now.

Is the fitting size correct for a standard flexi hose for household taps?

Sponsored Links
Yes, always use this otherwise the rubber washer in the flexi will get cut.
Yep agree, also asking to seal on a much smaller mating face. Funnily enough I recently got shot down on another forum over this with calls of "Ive done hundreds without fault in the past" and so on.

Yep agree, also asking to seal on a much smaller mating face. Funnily enough I recently got shot down on another forum over this with calls of "Ive done hundreds without fault in the past" and so on.
I have done the same in the past, but you need to be extremely gentle.
With this connection you get a perfect leak free joint every time.
Or, just file the elbow flat.

Ok, thanks - so, do I need both parts? I can see how the adaptor would allow me to fit the flexi hose but not how I would then connect to the pipe work.

Is there another/easier option for extending the flexi hose or joint to allow a more comfortable fit? The elbow was just one option really.

The connector goes into the elbow like a pipe would, using the compression fitting.
Then you screw the flexi on the connector.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-compression-adapting-90-male-elbow-15mm-x/44344

Male Elbow 15mm.JPG

I have a flexible hose that is fitted under a sink that doesn't comfortably reach the brass fitting it connects to. Is there an elbow connector that I can fit to extend the current pipe/connector slightly to allow for a more comfortable connection? Obviously, I could get a longer flexible hose but adding an elbow to the main pipe would actually be easier. Need male to female elbow of the correct size for standard tap flexi hose. What type is that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back