Fitting of shower elbow

SL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a Grohe built-in valve, and have a L shaped shower elbow with male thread, but i'm not sure what type if fitting I need in the wall. I was thinking of using a female coupling with a push fit, so when I screw the two together and should the elbow not point downwards, I can twist it.

Also is it ok to connect a flexible tap connector directly to a levered ball valve.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should use a wall plate elbow with a female connection. Screw this to some plywood and connect a copper or plastic pipe from your showervalve then tile over.
Pete

I'm with Fluffster, use a wallplate elbow. If the shower head ends up pointing the wrong way, adjust the amount of PTFE tape on the threads.

If the ball valve is designed to accept a compression olive, the chances are the flat area at the end of the connection will be a bit narrow for the washer in a tap connector to seal against. It may cut into the washer instead of compressing it, which will then start leaking.

Sponsored Links
is there a straight version of the back plate elbow. Some things I have read say to avoid elbows where you can with power shower plumbing as this messes with the flow causing cavitation. A backplate elbow straight into the shower outlet elbow seems to be a problem here but there is a need to secure the shower elbow at the wall

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back