Help! Can't connect concealed showe elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been refitting my bathroom - part of this is to install a shower with a concealed valve.

I've channeld the pipework into the thermalite block, and then overboared with Marmox. problem is, using the Grohe shower outlet elbow, and once the tiles are on (which I haven't done yet), the G1/2" connector on the back of the elbow will not reach the female side of the wall plate elbow concealed in the blockwork....how do I extend this to make it fit?

Diagrams...

Using this elbow...

Which has the following dimensions....

And a diagram of the wall...

And then to fully describe the issue....

Below shows a blow up diagram of the Grohe elbow...

So as you can see, it's a Grohe design, not just a nipple.

The Grohe fitting instructions seem to suggest that the female part of the wall plate elbow (currently concealed in the blockwork) should be flush with the surface of the tiles, but I cannot see how I can acheive this - and I don't really want to be taking the Marmox off the wall again.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Picasso - perfect - little trip to TP, got a running nipple (that was fun asking for that!) and a socket - works a charm.

The simple things never seem to come to me easily!!

Sponsored Links
You got what you wanted @ TP :eek: you`re one lucky dude.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back