Problem Driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a house with a crazy paving driveway. Not only does it look hideous and dated it is now deteriorating due to the fact that we use it.

As best I can tell, before I start ripping it up, it is Westmorland Stone (or some other green stone) mortared on top of a concrete slab driveway. The crazy stone pieces are of varying thicknesses so the mortar underneath is also variable which would leave me with a very uneven surface if I managed to remove the crazy paving.

What is the best option going forward? I've not got the funds to get experts in to do the job.

Sponsored Links
Depends what you DO want to spend and of course how big it is.

I would get a digger and driver in to dig it all out. Grab hire to cart it all away. Fill the hole with type 1 MOT and compact to the finished level you require. This will give you a flat surface which you can easily re-level at a later date to accept block paving(?) as and when you can afford it.

Depending on size and area, round here for a 40sqm drive that might cost £500 ish.

Sponsored Links
I was hoping to have a bonded resin driveway when funds allow. Just want to get rid of the crazy stuff and prepare in advance for a future surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back