Problem fitting venetian blind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says, I'm having a problem fixing a venetian blind. I'm trying to fix it to the underside of the top of the window opening (sorry that the wording is a little clumsy but I can't describe it any other way). The problem is that there seems to be a lintel above the window. When I drill the drill meets something very solid after 1 cm. I can't fix to the side as I'm using 2 blinds and would still need fixing points in the middle.
Please can someone advise me of a solution.

Sponsored Links
You have hit the re-bar in the lintel, which is a common problem.You need frame fixing brackets rather than top fix ones, unless the ones you have can be used either way, & fix to the window frames.

You have hit the re-bar in the lintel, which is a common problem.You need frame fixing brackets rather than top fix ones, unless the ones you have can be used either way, & fix to the window frames.

The problem with this is that the window frame is upvc and the window latches protrude from the frame about 2 cms.

I think what they mean is not to fix it to the window frame itself but the side wall instead of the lintel. I have done this myself for the same reason. Most blind fitting allow you to rotate them as they have multiple screw holes for different orientation.

Difference is though your blind would need to be the exact width of the window recess.

If there is no recess my suggestion is of no help.

Sponsored Links

The problem with this is that the window frame is upvc and the window latches protrude from the frame about 2 cms.
You can get stand off brackets that hang the blind away from the frame. There should not be a problem fixing the blinds to upvc windows. Ask the blind supplier what they would recommend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back