Venetian Blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Moving into a property where I’m not allowed to drill any holes etc for first year.

I want to put up some Venetian blinds, and wondered if I can use batten fixed to the wall with grip fill, the the blind screwed into that?

The blinds with be roughly 120cm wide, with drop of around 2metres.

When I’m allowed I will screw the blinds into the window recess, but wondered if the idea of the batten will work?

Many thanks,

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Why not? - is the question that springs to mind. Most people renting out a property will tend to go for painted walls, as it makes it easier for them (or the tenant) to make-good holes and marks from tenant's fixtures/fittings/wall pictures etc. assuming the landlord is smart enough to have a note of what paint was originally used.

Any curtain poles, blinds etc. usually involve screws in walls and it isn't what you'd call unreasonable to want a bit of privacy. If you stick a batten on the face of a wall with adhesive, and have to remove it, it's gonna make a lot more mess than filling and touching in a few holes in the recess.

What you often find with venetian blinds (certainly the ones we have which came from a well known online blind company) is they have a special mount bracket with like a quick release lever that allows you to release them in a few seconds to take them down and clean (or replace) them. You can see it on our kitchen blinds below as a tiny tab that you pull out marked with an arrow. If the blinds are going in a location where you might reasonably expect to find some (e.g. a bathroom) you could suggest going with such a product range so if you or a subsequent tenant want a change in colour or whatever, the brackets stay. Just a thought......

Blind.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back