Problem joining trap to sink waste, help appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are building a hairdressing salon for my wife in our extension and I have just encountered a problem trying to attach an extendable waste trap to the sink waste.

I have attached a picture of the sink waste, thought it might help. Essentially, when trying to attach the trap, there is just not enough bite on the thread to attach. My understanding is that the bottom of waste should be hollow? Hands up, I am an amateur at this. I had a plumber install the hot and cold feeds, and waste adjacent to where the sink is being fitted and I thought it woud be a fairly easy job to just connect the two together. This has stumped me though.

Any ideas?? I would be very very grateful for your expert advice.

Attachments

• 20181015_143509.jpg
    20181015_143509.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20181015_143512.jpg
    20181015_143512.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
Does the sink have an overflow ? What size is the trap 1 1/2 inch or 1 1/4 inch? Pics of trap would be good. Is the brass thread so long that it is preventing the trap connecting ?

Sponsored Links
Terryplumb thanks for the response. No overflow, and it's 1.5".
I think though that Jimcrow has the answer, this should extend up enough to give me purchase on the waste.
God I love the Internet, and good people like yourselves. Thank you guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back