Problem power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP! :cry:
I've recently had a Showerforce 1500XT Power shower installed. Firstly it leaked from the bottom of the box before we even used it. An engineer came out and replaced the mixer valve which stopped the leak. Now after 2 showers it cuts out completely and cuts off the hot water supply in all the taps! I've had a plumber out to unlock the air from the pipe but it's happened again today! Any advice?

Sponsored Links
how the hot plumbed in to the cylinder as the problem is affecting all hot taps.

how the hot plumbed in to the cylinder as the problem is affecting all hot taps.

Not very technical but the cold is in the loft and hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

i know where the cylinder/tank is, i need to know how/where the hot is connected in the airing cupboard to the hot supply.
as it sounds like your pulling air in.

Sponsored Links
the shower has two feeds one from the tank in loft ,one from the cylinder in the cupboard.
i need to know how the one in the airing cupboard is installed to the cylinder.
can you post a pic on here.

with no info we can't help.

when you say two showers it cuts off is that one shower straight after another ?

the shower has two feeds one from the tank in loft ,one from the cylinder in the cupboard.

when you say two showers it cuts off is that one shower straight after another ?

There is one pipe coming out from the top of the tank and one from the side.

There is one pipe coming out from the top of the tank and one from the side.

The second one probably 10 min after the first.

i would say that your tank in the loft is to small and your draining it dry.

run the shower as you would for two showers and then check the water level in the tank in the loft.

run the shower as you would for two showers and then check the water level in the tank in the loft.

I've had a power shower before this with no problems at all. All this happened since I had the new one installed.

I've had a power shower before this with no problems at all. All this happened since I had the new one installed.

Also with the old one the shower worked even without it being switched on, albeit with low pressure. But with this one the water only flows when it's switched on - then theres an eco button for boosting the pressure.

all power showers use different amounts of water.
check your ball valve on the tank in loft as well as this may not be opening fully and taking ages to refill.

its one of two things your tanks to small should be at least 50 gallon or your ballvalve is not opening fully.

Also with the old one the shower worked even without it being switched on, albeit with low pressure. But with this one the water only flows when it's switched on - then theres an eco button for boosting the pressure.

technology is an amazing thing how things improve over the yrs.

all power showers use different amounts of water.
check your ball valve on the tank in loft as well as this may not be opening fully and taking ages to refill.

its one of two things your tanks to small should be at least 50 gallon or your ballvalve is not opening fully.

There's plenty of hot water...it just stops when we use the shower...yesterday the plumber unlocked the air and the hot water came through.....it only happens when we use the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back