Problem power shower

are you paying attention.

when you run a hot tap your using one feed.
when your using your shower your using two feeds from one tank.

so the tank will empty twice as quick as using the tap.

your telling me it only happens when the shower is used you loose all hot taps.

that tells me your draining the tank and then drawing in air, so when tank refills your pipework is then airlocked.

now your either goning to listern or not.
run your shower for the time it takes to have two showers or till the shower stops.
and i bet your tank is empty.

Sponsored Links
That makes sense. What do I do now?

All i want is a shower that works without cutting out the hot water supply.

Also, how come I didn't have this problem with my last power shower?

check the tank first run your shower for 10 mins and tell us what the level of the water in the tank is.

check the tank first run your shower for 10 mins and tell us what the level of the water in the tank is.

Have an engineer from the shower manufacturer coming tomorrow. Hopefully he will check that.

Have plumber here at the moment trying to get the hot water supply going again. Been without hot water all weekend.

Sponsored Links
he should be able to tell you if the tank is to small or the float valve is not working fully.

he should be able to tell you if the tank is to small or the float valve is not working fully.

Yay! Success! :LOL:

Plumber has solved the problem...the ball valve? was not working properly....he's just replaced it...hopefully we'll be able to use the shower without it cutting off mid shower!

all power showers use different amounts of water.
check your ball valve on the tank in loft as well as this may not be opening fully and taking ages to refill.

its one of two things your tanks to small should be at least 50 gallon or your ballvalve is not opening fully.

which is what we mentioned yesterday.
least its sorted now.
ok-wink.gif

all power showers use different amounts of water.
check your ball valve on the tank in loft as well as this may not be opening fully and taking ages to refill.

its one of two things your tanks to small should be at least 50 gallon or your ballvalve is not opening fully.

which is what we mentioned yesterday.
least its sorted now.
ok-wink.gif

Thank you so much for the support! I was at my wits end!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back