Problem with Actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my hot water, when I switch the water on the pilot light comes on then goes off again and the water wont heat up, but it heats up ok if I put the heating on as well but not on its own.

I had my boiler serviced and the engineer said that there was a problem with my Actuator, he said there was not enough volts going through it to keep it on and it needed to be replaced. Do I need to replace the whole Actuator or is there a part inside it that can be replaced.

And where can I buy the correct parts.

It is a British Gas valve code BGMVSP-2

Any help would be appricated. :D

Sponsored Links
What's the boiler?

The BG valves are usually Drayton ones

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if the motor in the valve is u/s or the valve is sticking.

Remove the actuator (box) from the valve and check that the valve shaft will turn easily (it only moves through about 10-15 degrees!)

If that is OK check the motor works when you turn the HW thermostat up

You should be able to buy a new motor; but if you need the complete actuator (box), they cost about £30. It is the Drayton (Invensys) ZA5 Acuator

If the valve shaft is stuck you will need a complete valve - means a drain down to fit!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back