Problem with Ferroli Sys 10-23 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had this bolier serviced and a new Myson motorised valve fitted a couple of weeks ago. Today the system is not working at all. I have observed, that when I switch the system on the gas lights, after 10 secs the pressure meter rises quite quickly to two bar and then the boiler makes a bang and the system switches off and cannot be restarted for 15 minutes.

I cannot get hold of the plumber today so it looks like it will have to wait until Monday. I have bled the system and took the silver screw out of the Grundfos Selectric 15/50 Pump pump to drain/vent it. I have turned the pump manually and I have powered up the system with the screw out. I do not see the pump turning and have come to the conclusion that the Grundfos Selectric 15/50 Pump is the fault. Does anyone think I am correct?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I don't have a way of testing if power is going to the pump. It seems to be on the same circuit as the rest of the system so what would cause it not to have any power?

The pump will be either wired through the boiler or the motorised valve.It could be something as simple as loose wire in the joint box from when the new valve was fitted.If you can test the pump for power then it might save you from replacing it needlessly.

Sponsored Links
Have you turned the pump shaft as described in the FAQ on this site?

If you dont even have a multimeter you will not get far fixing any boiler!

Tony

I have managed to test the power and it is ok. I have tried turn the shaft. per faq but it has made no difference. Just one thing I would like clarified; if I view the shaft and switch the boiler on I should be able to see it turning?

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back