Problem with Franke mixer tap...HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Franke "Eiger" mixer tap - leaking cold side; obtained new (expensive) valve, then the fun started. Wouldn't budge when I'd removed screw./ Soft water area but tried the dilute acid and then the "tapping" - more whacking with a wooden implement. Finally protecting surface - mole wrench and brute force. No joy. now have separation of around 2-3 mm and no further progress. Any thoughts on what next. Removing whole tap to work on is going to be b....y difficult. beginning to think Franke goods are more of a liability than a blessing.

Sponsored Links
Franke taps are excellent generally, sounds like you might have been unfortunate somehow. A picture of where you've got to so far would be a massive help here....

Thanks Andrew. Just done 2 jpegs and tried to open an album and file. Keeps stalling and saying I have no images. Basically the tap is back together (well it never came apart) - apart from the small gap now on the cold control side.
Probably against the forum rules but it looks like the only way I can show you my photos is to e-mail them to you if you agree - don't want to invade your privacy but if that's OK with you - my e-mail is [email protected] so you could reply to that address then I'll forward the photos later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back