Problem with glow worm micron 70 ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some advice. Unvented system feeding 18 rads. Glowworm micron 70ff , house is 2007 but boiler could be older.
Boiler will run for so long then cuts out.
The old power cycle gets it going again.
Fault lights imply abs/fan failure. Just though with this type of fault it would only run for a short period of time. I can get a few hours out of it.

I'm not a rgi and I don't intend on repairing myself. I want to get a feel for cost and weigh up against a new boiler.

Appreciate any advice

Ta

Sponsored Links
Have you listened to the fan? Is it rattly, or does it sound laboured?
If the APS and associated impulse pipes are OK, then you'll probably have to have the fan replaced.
Cost of fan? I would expect to pay up to £150 for the part, plus an hour of labour at whatever the rate is where you are.

Thanks for the reply, the fan doesn't seem excessively noisy.
Also feel the boiler had been playing up over the last few weeks. Pump stuck on when there's no demand etc. Wasn't sure if I'd be forking out for pcb's etc.
May just bite the bullet and upgrade given its been in use for 10 years, although time of year isn't helping.

Got to say that being economical with the symptoms isn't helpful either, when trying to remotely diagnose a fault.

To get the best out of this site you should list all the symptoms...what's this about the pump sticking on (running?) with no demand?

Sponsored Links
Apologies, I wasn't intentionally being economical.
The other night I noticed the pump was running when there was no demand.
Both zone valves were also closed.

Left it a wee while in case it was some kind of antifrost setting or something.
Was still running after an hour so I reset the boiler and it started behaving again

Could be completely unrelated, just thought I'd mention it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back