problem with my earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a little problem with my earth bonding.
Iv just fitted a new kitchen and I forgot to connect the earth to the incoming water ,now I can’t get to the wire or the pipe as the kitchen units are in the way.
Can i take a new wire to the cold water pipe on the boiler in the bathroom ?
The house is RCD protected on all circuits.
Thanks robfix

Sponsored Links
Surely you havent put the kitchen cabinet over the stop cock?

The bonding has to go within 600mm of the incoming mains cold water stop cock and before any branch or 'T'.

So therefore
Can i take a new wire to the cold water pipe on the boiler in the bathroom ?
snoopdogno.gif

Surely you havent put the kitchen cabinet over the stop cock

Yes i have, the t of the stop cock is pocking throw a hole in the back of the cabinet.

Yes i have, the t of the stop cock is pocking throw a hole in the back of the cabinet.

Make a bigger hole so you can access the pipe above the stop cock. The BS951 clamp needs to be accessible in any case.
Run your 10mm main bonding cable under the plinth and you're done.

Sponsored Links
Surely you havent put the kitchen cabinet over the stop cock

So what are you going to do when it needs re-washering, or the gland seal starts leaking, or the tap seizes up and you need to turn the water off? If it were up to me I'd cut a proper access hole now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back