Problem with myson apollo 30b boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Have a problem with our heating system was all working fine then, wife said was a electrical popping noise from the kitchen one day where boiler and programmer are,She said she tried turning boiler off via programmer but it stayed on until she turned the spur off, It hasnt repeated this though

I had a fiddle about and found when you turned the cylinder stat up and down when you heard the click on the stat for satisfied could hear the popping noise in kitchen,

One of these times it tripped the main RCD ,

I tried having the cylinder stat turned right down heating was on for a bit working fine wife thought she heard a noise so i went in to turn off heating to see when i pressed the button on programmer was a pop and i saw a flash from the area of the thermostat high/off/low switch on the front of the boiler

Anyone advise on what this could be does it sound like a simple fix or will i be told need a new boiler, Need to get this sorted as our 10 week old premature twins supposed be coming home from hospital on Saturday so need get sorted but money is tight at moment

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
There's a suppressor fitted there and thy have a tendency to break down. That's a guess, and the only way to check is to get a pro in to start testing components.

Call someone who repairs boilers as others will just want to fit a new one.

It is old though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back