problem with sime planet super 4wm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is letting water out from the pipe that goes outside, eventually the red temp light flashes at 6 and the boiler stops working, if I put water in, it then works again, but I have had British Gas out 5 times and they have not fixed it up till now, so i was hoping someone could tell me what the problem is, so when they come again, i can tell them and they can fix it Lol

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel is probably failed or needs recharging.

Get British gas back and get them to check it properly as explained on the FAQ on this site.

Unfortunately BG are not trained to check it properly!

Tony

the pressure within the expansion vessel will require checking/recharging, see faq.

the expansion vessel connection may be blocked. but i'm not familiar with your particular boiler.

the safety valve/pressure relief valve (prv) will probably require changing.

Agile beat me to it.

Thanks for the replies. First guy put on new motherboard, one of the men that came pumped up the vessel, last week, and changed a value, then the next guy changed a pressure value and now it is running out even faster, i think it is something to do with that value,maybe he hasnt fitted it correctly, they are coming back again anytime now i hope, meanwhile i will read the faq thanks for your suggestions, i feel a real idiot continually asking BG to keep coming back.
Can you tell me, if i didn't put a bit more water in everytime it goes off to get it to work again, would the boiler blow up ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You dont just pump up the EXV.

You follow the provedure in the FAQ and whilst doing that it will become obvious to an experienced person if the communication pipe to the ERXV is blocked.

Unfortunately many of the BG people are not that experienced and their training seems to be rather lacking on this topic as we see it many times on here.

They just pump up the EXV without opening the system to atmosphere.

Tony

Hi
Sorry, but i can't find my way in to faq, wel not that relate to pumping the vessel in the boiler, i also have looked in the how to bit, would you mind posting me a link, i am going around in circles here, thanks

How many visits have ****ish Gas made to this now for a simple fault? Load of incompetent muppets. . . . . .

Tanks spacethegas, found it myself now, its the rush i was in yesterday, made me blind Lol.
Anyway 6 visits later, they are changing the vessel and the exspansion tank, so hopefully all will be ok after, I have to say, a lad who has been 3 times here, as been really nice, even if he didn't solve the problem, well not yet Lol
Wouldn't be saying that if it had conked all together, would I !
So long as i top up with water when it goes off, it comes on again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back