Problem with the control lever of the mixer shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you pls help me?

I have a mixer shower, installed with a combination boiler. The boiler is new, as it was bought one year ago.

At the moment, there is hot water in my home, including the shower. However, there is this problem with the control lever.

Usually, I can adjust the water temperature by turning the control lever clockwise for a hotter shower and anticlockwise for a cooler shower.

However, now, if I turn the control lever just a little, then there is only cold water. The water should have become warmer; instead, it becomes cold.

So I have to keep the control lever at the maximum hot level.

What can be the problem here? Should I replace the shower head, for example?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the thermostatic cartridge in the mixer shower has reached the end of it's life. But, a couple of things first: -

What make and model is the shower?

Can you gain access to the valve itself?

The filter on the hot inlet may be fully clogged, resulting in a primarily cold supply.

Thank you for your reply. I don't know the make and model as it was rather old. I will try to ask a handy man to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back