Problem with Whirlpool - Washer Dryer 1000 - AWG320 WH-WP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washer will not spin.
agitation through cycle fine (both ways),
Belt not loose
Door switch OK
Have emptied and tried cycle with no cloths in it so don't think its because its unbalanced.
When on spin cycle turns one way slowly.
I can here the cycle switch to spin from initial slow one way spin but it seems to continue at this slow one way speed.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
brushes, motor control board, pressure chamber, pressure switch

Breezer,

Thanks for the info.

Could you elaborate how would I check each of your suggestions?

motor brushes may be worn you will have to look at the motor, but if it wont spin when empty it may be something else

pressure chamber may be blocked it is a "small bottle" on the outside of the outer drum, i do not know where it is on your make, it should be clean and empty, it has a pipe that runs to pressure switch

what brand of soap powder do you use?

if you must look inside your m/c make sure the appliance plug is in your pocket (NO way can it be turned on then, appliance are not toys and extreme caution must be taken)

you can not test a motor control board, we used to change them as it was easier

Sponsored Links
If its a washer drier it may be fitted with a "brushless" AC Sqirrel cage motor. They are prone to problems but usually its the contol gear that goes. I may be 100% wrong though....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back