Problem with Wireless Honeywell DT92E Themostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having repeated problems with a Honeywell wireless thermostat fitted to my central heating system.

The whole system was a new install in December 2011 and has been great apart from this unit. We are onto our second one, the first failed a few months ago and the supplier did a warranty exchange. He commented that they've had some problems with them.

The new unit worked fine until last night when the key symbol appeared and then the boiler failed to fire when the next programme time came up. I had to manually trip the relay as the red failsafe light was lit. Does this mean that radio communication was lost between the two units?

What does this symbol mean?

This is exactly what happened with the previous unit. Although the heat demand symbol at least is still there this time.

All the manual says is...

Which is a different symbol? So I'm a bit confused.

Honeywell just advised that I take the batteries out of the thermostat and then when reinserted it'll reset... This doesn't work as after a few minutes the key symbol reappears and the system is locked again.

Any help would be great. Or should I just junk it and buy something else and if so what.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Obviously this is not helping you and it seems pretty obvious to me that there must be something wrong with many of these units.

My suggestion is that you call them again and get them to replace it for you.

Of course I presume that you are using Duracell batteries? They are the only type which will reliable work TX units.

Tony

All 6 of mine are working fine.

That symbol means the function you are asking for is locked for some reason... The possibilities escape me at the moment.

Sponsored Links
The spanner is a fault code, possibly lost communication, and a certainty if the red light is on.

This is the transmit unit John and it does not know if its signal has been received or not.

Some kind of problem within it. Since its happened before it seems like a common malfunction.

Tony

You asking or telling me Tony ;)

If the red light is on, on the reciever it's lost communication.

Psssssssssssssssssst. the DT92E has two way communication.

If the same problem exists I would say something has been moved/change so as to interupt the signal.

Discounting duff batteries.

As far as I can tell, the feedback from the receiver is only used to give an indication at the transmit end that the receiver is within range and to show its status to the user. But not to do anything executive.

In this case it seems that the setting functions have been locked. I dont see that it would be necessary to lock it just because the unit had lost radio communication.

Tony

Noi Tony - the DT92e can transmit data for TPi and OpenTherm.

It could be in a tizzy and be thinking that the heating is off due to there not being a signal on terminal A of the BDR. Hence the lock symbol.

Depends what the rest of the OP's control setup is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back