Problem with wiring. LP111

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a major problem. I have moved my LP111 backplate as I had a wall removed where it was. However in the process I seem to have lost messed up the wiring.

I have a Ariston Intesa Combi Boiler with a LP111 timer and a digi stat. I have managed to wire it up so that it is always on, but no timer or thermostat. Terminals are

L
N

I have mains power in to L and N and out. I then have a seperate L and N wire which I am unsure of where to place. Thermostat goes to terminal 1 and 3. I think there should be a wire going from N to 1.

Please help, I know it is an easy thing to fix and want to avoid calling out a plumber.

Sponsored Links
Ok, Great. I now have the timer and hotwater all working.
I have disconnected the Thermostat to test everything.

I have a short wire between L and 1, is this needed?
Where do I attach my Thermostat, Is this on 1 and 3 if I already have a circuit between these?

Thanks for any help! It was starting to get cold.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. The wires are cut and rejoined with different colours from an old botch job. The system is up and running now except for Thermostat.
Does this go on T1 and 3? and do i need to keep link between L and 1 in place?

your boiler uses volt free connections so do not connect L and 1 in the programmer, the only connections you should have in the programmer are L to L , N to N (which are 240v) and 1 and 3 to the room stat which are low voltage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back