Problem with Worcester 35CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was wondering whether anyone can help me please?

I've recently brought a repossessed house which has been empty for the past 9 months or so.

It has a Worcester 35CDI boiler fitted. I hired a local gas safe registered plumber to recommission the boiler and fit a few new radiators. He 'successfully' fitted the new radiators, then whilst firing up the boiler he managed to flood two rooms, where one of the valves was undone and another was left off completely. As you can imagine my confidence in him has dropped considerably - though there appears to be no damage.

Anyway, eventually the boiler started and the central heating is working - however we don't have hot water working. He mentioned that the diverter valve in the boiler must be broken. When the hot water is turned on, apparently the hot water light is supposed to be on when running the hot tap - but its not. After he left, whilst running the hot tap, I got the occasional warm patch, whereas the water was usually as cold as the cold tap. However this was only the very odd rare burst.

Does the above sound like a diverter value? If so, would it need replacing or just a bit of well placed wd40?

Thanks for any help.

Jamie

Sponsored Links
If you have a 35CDi, then there is no diverter valve. The CDi II has a diverter. The original model has 2 pumps fitted, much like the older Worcester 350. If the demand light is not illuminating when you run a tap, I would suspect the flow switch may be at fault. First things first though, check which model you have.

Hello

Thanks for the prompt reply. Thinking about it, I'm pretty certain its a CDI II. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks again

Jamie

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure whether to try to get a gas plumber to fix it or to pay Worcester the £300, for them to repair it and support it for a year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back