Problems with BAXI 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,
I have an 8 year old BAXI 105e boiler which is seriously playing up! When it's set to central heating and hot water, the heating doesn't work. Then when I run a hot tap, one of my radiators kicks in and heats up (the rest stay cold). The hot water works fine, but the boiler itself is making some very strange gurgling noises. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank-you.....

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a fault associated with the diverter valve.

What do you plan to do next?

Tony

GET THE BOILER SERVICED for a start. This will clear some defects.

Hi Tony, thank-you for your reply. I had my boiler serviced and it hasn't been the same since. Had the guy back and he said he had replaced the diverter valve. Had to get them out again as it didn't change the situation. So going to do a bit of research myself.

Sponsored Links
Obviously service was not done correctly then. Never known a situation where a service results in things going bad to worst. Some people do maintain 'if it aint broken, dont mend it' but in my book preventative maintanance as per the maker's instruction makes the appliance run better

turn off the flow and return under the boiler and see what happens far left and far right
then run then hot tap

The diverter valve costs about £100 which is a noticeable chunk of money.

Did that feature in your payments to him?

Wasn't it shown on the invoice?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back