Problems with toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have had issues with this one for some time now. initially the buttons broke on the inside unit, we managed to fix it by glueing the kinks together and making a single flush work by pressing the two buttons together :)
Anyway a few years on and it seemed to be the cause of squeaking and banging of pipes after the washing machine or other toilet was flushed.
I thought it must be the torbeck valve again (it was a cheapy) so tried a fluidmaster one which seemed better and the noise has gone!
However I now see what the problem is as the new valve is regularly filling and shutting off and I've noticed what appears to be a leak from inside the tank to the pan, albeit a small one.
I've taken it all apart as much as I can and think it's this bit (pic to follow).
Would you agree and can I just replace the rubbers or the who,e section?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bottom of the inside flusher thingy
Inside the tank with part removed
Part installed in tank
Part removed from tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 119
The rubber seal on the bottom of the inside flusher thingy isn't sealing properly to the face of the thingy that the inside flusher thingy connects to. Clean up the rubber washer thingy with soap and water and see if it seals up again.

You can hunt about for a new valve seal but may just be better replacing the whole flush valve, don't think it owes you anything, years later? :)

I believe the green adjustable thing dictates the short flush volume

Sponsored Links
That's a Geberit valve. The washer has blisters in it where water has leeched into the rubber - very common issue with these. If you take the washer off you'll find a part number embossed in it - user this to search eBay for a replacement

Cheers.
I've just managed to find the part, in the mean time I've rotated it and it's a little better.

Thanks for reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back