Problems with Vaillant TurboMAX Plus Timer Switch???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant TurboMAX Plus Combi Boiler is not switching off as per the settings on the timer switch. It's working perfectly okay apart from that. Turns on as per timer settings - doesn't turn off.
Is it anything more than just a faulty / broken timer switch? Is there a simple rectification of the fault? If it needs work, what are the estimated costs?[/i][/b]
Cheers
Danny

Sponsored Links
New timer probably about £40-£50.

Cost to fit depends on firms policy. We would charge our standard diagnostic fee if a rapid response is needed as its then a repair. But if it was done later as we could fit it in we would charge it as a service.

Of course there may be a boiler fault! You could try to be clever and press the "i" button when its unexpectedly on and see what "s" code you get.

Tony

Cheers Tony
Code when 'i' pressed is S.07 - Water pump over run. Normal when pump is on to heat water to rads. S.08 - Anti cycling mode when pump stopped. Also normal.

The boiler would not give those s-codes if it was firing up!

When heating times out the boiler runs the pump as shown.

Are you really saying the burner is fired up when its showing s07 ?

Are you sure that you are not confusing pump over run with boiler firing?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I got it wrong. The burner is firing up and showing S7.
Just goes to show how much you need to know before attempting diagnostics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back