Problems with wiring halogen spots to ceiling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I have just wired up a halogen spotlight bar in my kitchen and wired it correctly (I thought!) using this- //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81121
thread as a guide.
When I switched on the lights, ok, and no MCB trip, but when I tried to put my hall lights on (also halogen) at the same time they wouldn't work. I switched off the kitchen lights and the hall lights came on but much fainter than normal and the kitchen lights also came back on very faint. Have I put in the wrong switched live?
Any help would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hall lights and kitchen lights are in series somehow. Sounds like you've taken the wrong wire as switched live.

Thanks for that, so all I have to do is find the correct switched live wire then? shouldn't be to hard, there are only three black wires........so how many permutations is that?? LOL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back