Process advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a garden gym and for reasons outlined in other threads, I need to sink the base around 150-200mm. I've planned how and where i'm going to do this, and have also spoken to my architect (currently working with on a housing extension) and he has advised me along the way.

But now it comes to implementing i'm unsure of the best way to proceed and wondered if someone could start me off in the right direction?

Here is an overview of the base, it's basically recessed with a retaining wall in-filled with gravel.

GardenBaseImages_Base.jpg

I think the retaining wall has two possible way to construct it, i'm not quite decided on which route yet but i'm thinking thermalite blocks as they are cheap but robust, and it's only for the garden

GardenBaseImages_RetainingWall.jpg

Now this is where i'm struggling, the process of building the base and retaining wall. In the past i've used a cowley to get a datum and have worked off that but I don't have access to one any more, or the skills to use it.

Looking at what I need to do, I can see two ways of achieving it as outlined below. Which process would people suggest, bearing in mind getting the correct levels, or is there another way i'm overlooking???

GardenBaseImages_Footings.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back