process for successful bathroom ceiling painting please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom ceiling's paint bubbled and peeled 6 months after being done so I will redo it myself. It was also just beginning to develop some mould over the shower. The ceiling is plasterboard.

Do I need to coat it before painting? If so what with, and what paint(s) is going to be best for a not particularly well ventilated bath and shower room? And how many coats? Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Your cieling was prob painted with matt emulsion or vinyl matt or soft sheen or silk. Not great when used in shower areas. Best using Acrylic Eggshell, but even shower areas can penetrate the Acrylic Eggshell though it can last for upto 5 years(ish).

Thanks for that.

Does the plasterboard need to be coated with anything before the acrylic goes on? And is there anything I can put on the acrylic to ****** mould?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Problem here is there can many different types of materials and levels of suction on the damaged cieling. Therefore, apply a 25% thined down coat Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt on the cieling. Then apply the Dulux Trade Acrylic Eggshell, two coats. Any mould that grows on your cieling after its been coated with Dulux Trade Acrylic Eggshell will be easily washed off, without damging the Acrylic Eggshell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back