Painting new bathroom plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am painting our self build house myself, having an issue in the bathroom. The walls were plasterboarded and then taped and filled. The joiners used marine (blue) plasterboard at the shower. The shower cubicle has been tiled and I am painting the walls and ceiling. The problem is that the paint is peeling off the walls, particularly on the blue plasterboard. I tried scraping and then redoing it but same thing happening.
Should I have sealed it first? Worried that if I keep going it will peel with moisture from the shower.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Would have been better to tile all the marine board area. Zinsser gardz will seal it though. Don't use ordinary matt emulsion, use kitchen and bathroom, trade eggshell or if you have to silk (yuk).

The plasterboard should be primed first using primer. This gives the paint something to grab to.

Sponsored Links
Naturally, this will happened if we miss something that didn't exactly fit our wall. Here's something to avoid, try not to line up a sheet of drywall from a window or a door opening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back