Bathroom paint cracking and peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, wondering if anyone can help.

My problem is my bathroom and en-suite emulsion is cracking and peeling all over the place in patches. All across the ceiling, mainly above the shower cubicle and in a few places on the walls, particular where the door facings are. It's a flat which is 6 years old with plasterboard walls and ceilings. The toilets are poorly ventilated with just a fan and no windows. It has had about 5 or 6 coats of different colours of emulsion over the years but the white paint I have on it at the moment has cracked/peeled that much that it's right down to the plasterboard. Any ideas of how I can resolve this and which kind of paint I should use to stop the condensation and peeling/cracking

Regards

William

Sponsored Links
strip as much as paint of as possible, sand down to score any remaining paint, then prime surfaces with zinsser 123, then apply paint.

Cheers buddy,
Can I apply any type of white emulsion to the oil based undercoat when dry and will the solvent based undercoat stop the condensation from stripping the emulsion off in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back