Bathroom - Peeling Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I brought a new build property about 3 years ago, and just recently the paint on the Bathroom is starting to crack and peel back to the plasterboard.

im guessing that the original coat was put on to thick and didnt key properly.

Can I just scrape off the peeling paint back to the plasterboard, sand to remove any sheen and give it thinned coat of dulux Bathroom+ and then a 2nd coat? Or should I apply a plaster sealer first? Or a primer coat on the exposed plasterboard?

The house is mid terrace and the bathroom is in the centre of the house so no window to let the moisture escape, only a extractor fan, so the room gets filled with steam with each shower.

Sponsored Links
Sorry but nothing will work until you get a bigger extractor.

I had a similar situation at home recently. All was fine till I replaced the combi and all of a sudden the window was caked in condensation.

I had to go from a girly fan to a larger one and now all is fine.

You can scrape back, thinned emulsion will be fine but you will need to feather off with a decent sander of overfill with filler. Steer clear of the powder fillers and look at the likes of Red devil One Time

Then finish off with a couple of coats water based eggshell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back