peeling paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just primed my bathroom but the original paint which I believe was only one coat is now peeling underneath the primer. I have no idea what kind of paint was used before and what I should do now since I have primed the whole bathroom. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO? Can I paint over what has peeled off?

Sponsored Links
If you want to, you can tell us what kind of paint you applied, and how you cleaned and prepared the surface before applying it.

It will do no harm to tell us if the old surface is drywall (plasterboard) or plaster on brick.

Post some pics if you can.

Was the old paint matt or silk, and how old?

I have the same type of problem after using a one coat paint from a well known diy super store. My walls are solid with a plaster finish. I stripped wall paper from the walls then cleaned with sugar soap. After applying the one coat emulsion, several months later it has started to peel off. Any help please as to how to fix.
Colin

Sponsored Links
sorry to tell you but your prep-work, just was not good enough.you did not get all the waste of the walls :cry: try leyland all purpose primer it has a resilent film build in to promote adhesion ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back