Professional grade silicone ..........??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished installing new worktops in my kitchen and I used a black silicone sealant to finish the gap between the worktop and the tiled splashback. It looked good - for about 3 weeks, when the dratted sealant started to show signs of wear and tear. :unsure:

It wasn't cheap sealant - a well know brand name .... but then I happened to visit a customer who'd just had their kitchen done professionally, and their joints had been filled with a black sealant that was armoured compared to my soft squidgy stuff. Their sealant had even been used to fill the (tiny) gaps where the worktops joined, and it looked amazing - dammit. :mrgreen:

Can anyone give me some idea as to what these guys might have used please - so that I can get some for myself?

Regards
Clueless of Anglesey :(

Sponsored Links
Our mastic contractor on our firm uses Everbuild Professional mastics.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I'll have a shufti on the 'net and see if I can find a stockist locally.

Appreciated. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back