Programmeable room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a mechanical honeywell stat. I'd like to install a programmable stat instead - two wires, battery etc. Not sure which is best. Thinking about 24hr or maybe 7 day. Have seen Horstmann, Danfoss, Honeywell (CM901 or CM907), Sunvic and Drayton. Any recommendations or others please or are they all much of a muchness ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I currently have a mechanical honeywell stat. I'd like to install a programmable stat instead - two wires, battery etc. Not sure which is best. Thinking about 24hr or maybe 7 day. Have seen Horstmann, Danfoss, Honeywell (CM901 or CM907) and Drayton. Any recommendations or others please or are they all much of a muchness ?
Thanks

it depends on your boiler & what`s compatible, you can go wireless if you like, 24 hr or seven day, how much do you want to spend, best to consult local supplier, be cheaper to fit yourself if you get advice there.

Thanks - don't need to go wireless as I'll just fit the replacement on the existing twin and earth. It's a Baxi System 100HE Plus. I can ask the supplier which stat will work with it but wondered if you had any recommendations or if they're all pretty much as good as each other ?
Cheers

honeywell and danfos would be my first option, the old draytons were problematic, don't know how the new ones are
wireless honeywell are nice, 927

Sponsored Links
Thanks - don't need to go wireless as I'll just fit the replacement on the existing twin and earth. It's a Baxi System 100HE Plus. I can ask the supplier which stat will work with it but wondered if you had any recommendations or if they're all pretty much as good as each other ?
Cheers

I prefer the look and functionality of the Honeywell CM900 series; and it does what it says on the box.

It is compatible with all boilers as it has volt free switching. There are only two connections: Live in and Switched Live out; No neutral and no Earth.

The actual connections will depend on the boiler. But it's all shown in the instructions.

Don't forget that you will still need a timer to control the hot water side. This could be your existing timeswitch - just disconnect the CH side.

I fitted one of these 2 years ago and like it
dt_new.gif

Its very slim, easily programmable with simple override of exiting programm and takes its power from the 230v input so no batteries needed. Only point to mention which has not been a problem is that it doesn't have the anti-cycle function of some of the more expensive ones, so, very occasionally it will bring the heating on just as the room temp gets to that set, so then goes off after a few secs. Can be found here (and I had great email service from them) http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/domestic.htm
Edit, same connectivity and volt free switching that D-Hailsham mentions in post above.

Thank you very much for all the comments above -very useful and I'm now a lot clearer - cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back