Programmer - gravity or pumped?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just replacing my 2 channel programmer as the old one has failed. New one is a Danfoss Randall FP715SI (previous Sunvic select 207 XL). On the back of the new one (and old) are 4 binary switches, one to select gravity or pumped system. We have a Potterton statesman oil-fired boiler, the central heating is a sealed pressurised system and the hot water is a gravity fed hot water cylinder. We have motorised valves which I believe allow us to have CH and HW on/off separately.

The old programmer was set to pumped so I've left the new one the same, but am now wondering if this is/was correct (I "installed" the old one but can't remember if I thought about this at the time :) ). Can anyone advise as to the correct setting and what the actual difference is likely to be? The previous one seemed to work without issues (that I can tell) for several years.
Thanks, Mike

Sponsored Links
If you set to gravity then your water will always come on with the heating. If you have two separate valves then your system is most likely fully pumped.

Thanks, these are the valves from the boiler.

So the fully pumped is just referring to how the how water gets to the HW cyclinder and that the two can be separately controlled? And the fact that the HW cylinder is gravity fed is not relevant?

Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back