Should now be in engineer mode

Sponsored Links
Enter engineer code
Display says need user to enable access
Enter master code
Do you want to enable engineer
Press yes
Should now be in engineer mode
You legend thank you. Do I need to confirm the devices through the keypad then as I can’t see anything in Wintex to do this & do I need to do anything with the keypad in Wintex?

Confirm devices if needed would normally come on the keyp[ad screen when you enter engineering mode.

However engineers code/(9) Engineer utilities/(5) confirmed devices

Note:- you have to re enable the engineer as set out above every day (access reset at midnight).

Confirm devices if needed would normally come on the keyp[ad screen when you enter engineering mode.

However engineers code/(9) Engineer utilities/(5) confirmed devices

Note:- you have to re enable the engineer as set out above every day (access reset at midnight).
Thank you, it was a long night o_O I have one system alert left which I think is because I have the panel lid off, I'm going to do a walk test today but when it comes to users do I just use the master and change the keypad code for us or do I leave that alone and create a new user for us?

Sponsored Links
It is always recommended that you Change user and engineer codes away from default values.

Master code is user 1 you can change this to what ever code you want.
So there's only going to be me and my partner as a user so shall I just use the master set up and just change the code for us instead of adding another user if that makes sense?

It is always recommended that you Change user and engineer codes away from default values.
Ah I get you. Think we'll just use the master set up for us then with a new code and then change the engineers code if that's right?

the default codes are 1234 engineer and 5678 mater user, you should change both as they are relatively well known and keeping the default values compromises your security system

All sorted, default codes changed and all tested fine. Just the texecom connect to attend with at some point o_O Thanks for everyone's help, very much appreciated

Some struggle especially if its on a wifi connection, but the instructions are right but you will have to download them as they don't go out with the products anymore

Some struggle especially if its on a wifi connection, but the instructions are right but you will have to download them as they don't go out with the products anymore
No doubt I'll struggle then :)

Just out of interest, can a wireless door contact be used with this wired system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back