Programming prem 24 with wintex

post a photo of connections?

the bell trigger not connected to the panel can not trigger the bell. (wireless bell exempt obviously)

so a short as suggested sounds likey, so disconnect the strobe as well does it still fire?

Sponsored Links
I am away from the property now but will be investigating further tomorrow so will report back.

For information i didnt disconnect the strob trigger but the strob was flashing with the sounder.

I will report back in the morning but apart from that, all seemed well......

One further question is the PIR's......i used texecom Dual techs and some twins......i know i can disable the led's which im going to but whats with the green,orange, red ones?? Only ever seen PIR's with one LED.

Thanks guys

IMG_0136.PNG
The led show different status on dual tech sensors

depends on which detector as to what the leds stand for its not the same on each one, it should be in each manual what the leds stand for on that particular model of "PIR" so the above is for an AMDT

Sponsored Links
Thanks again guys, really appreciatte the input and i will be sure to report back tomorrow when ive investigated the bell trig further

Update guys, picked up a resistance between green strobe trig and blue bell trig on the cable to the sounder. Disconnected both ends and then did an IR test, dead short! Inspected entire run apart from a 2 metre piece that runs behind some plasterboard and no visual damage! So ended up re-running the entire length and the problem now solved........happy days!!

All seems well with the system apart from a couple more small programming issues which im hoping someone really familiar with wintex will be able to point me straight to.......

1, How do i dim the backlights into sleep on the keypads so that they only illuminate when used?
2, Got two mags, one on rear door, one on side door which is the entry/exit.............set both of these to chime different tones. The rear door one however chimes twice with a 2 second gap inbetween........any ideas?
3, With the bedtime part set, entering user code then part set lets me omit the landing PIR.......no usercode and just using part set indicates the bedtime part set but doesnt omit the zone?
4, going to order comwifi.............telephone point is miles away.........im guessing i dont need a point close to panel though as it will connect to broadband router via wifi? All other communicators require a local phone point i take it?

Thanks again for the help guys

Chime 1 in wintex will chime door once
Chime 2 will chime twice

Press part on keypad display shows evening arm press yes alarm will set
Com wifi ok,but issues with app
If you have an android phone you will need to keep re-registering your account for the app to work-this is a pain and it is very poor that Texecom have not yet sorted,been going on for a very,very long time
iPhone ok but still has issues with app but a lot better than android
Yes com2400 require phone line
GSM module you can use pay as you go sim

thanks handmanjo, will try the chime thing tomorrow....i thought it just gave out a different tone on the chimes............whats chime 3?

I have iphone so may try the comwifi.

Any idea on the keypad backlight mate?

Adjustable Backlighting

To adjust the keypad backlighting press the YES key for 5 seconds, then with the YES key still pressed use % to increase or decrease the backlighting until the required brightness is achieved, then release both keys.

! The backlight can only be adjusted when the keypad is not in a menu.
% is the up/down arrows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back