Programming prem 24 with wintex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening chaps

Few of you hacve helped me out with install of a Prem 24 and finally all the hard wiring is done (work and xmas has been getting in the way of my DIY). Im at the stage tomorrow where i will be powering the panel up........i have already done the program on the laptop so will it just be a case of connecting the laptop via the comusb once i have power on the panel and 'sending' it across?

1, is there a function where i can disable the exterior bellbox but have the internal sounding so i can test the system is working correctly by activating the detectors/contacts (yet not infuriate the neighbours!)??
2, Also regarding the twin piexo sounder i have fitted.....it has two 'covers' over the internal sounders (like spray can tops).......do these stay inplace or should they be removed??

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
Take the bell trigger wire out of the panel.will not sound bell when testing
Could also take strobe trigger out as well if no flashing light while testing
Put wires back in when finished
Post photo of sounder
Do you mean the piezo cover on the sounders inside the bell box

Hi again Jo

Good tips with the bell trig and strobe trig wires, will save the neighbours getting annoyed with me!

Yes the piezo covers inside the bell box...........i take it they are to protect from the elements a little and should be left in place??

The sounder is the Odssey 3 twin piezo (the superman badge shaped one!)

Regards

Yes
They are to protect the connection on the piezo
Once you have set up panel via wintex you can go in engineer utilities and scroll down to walk test
When you walk around will log that detector triggered without setting off alarm
Are you using com2400 mod or ip mod ?

Sponsored Links
Errrr, ill be honest Jo, i havent got around to a communicator yet..............dont tell me i need one before i can program using the wintex?
you may have guessed but im an alarm novice!

phew!!! Thought so as it would be a bit nonsensical if not.

I will be looking to get a communicator but i havent got a phone line set up yet so its not been a priority. Which one would you guys recommend. Basically i would like the notifications of alarm and also the ability to set and unset it from my phone etc. Note that the phone socket is at the other end of the house to the panel........would the comwifi mean i wouldnt need to run a cable around to the panel to provide a phone socket?

Cheapest option comm 2400 text message only ....never had an issue
Comm IP or wifi not 100% can be set via app , push notifications

probably go the comm2400.

Programming gone ok, seems to be doing everything i want apart from a couple of little tweaks.

Apart from the external sounder rings when i test trigger the alarm even with the bell wire pulled out of the panel.........i have also tried to change the bell delay (temperorarily) in the programming so it doesnt sound yet it still goes off............any ideas if this can be done?

Post photo of bell wiring connection with trigger out
Is it external bell ring when you test?
Sounder should not sound if trigger wire out

Struggling with photo on this phone.

I have red 12v, blue bell, yellow tamp, black 0v and green strobe......same at sounder and panel end.

Log out of engineer mode with blue disconnected at panel and when i do a user set bell still sounds when i trigger a PIR

IMG_0348.JPG
If you have not got your blue trigger wire in bell terminal in panel then the outside bell will not ring when alarm triggered

hmmm the vodaphone sms tap service was down for a few days recently so nothing would have been sent via sms using com2400?

if you have a version 3 panel(as made at the factory, verify by sticker in panel with number on) then you can user the speech module to send a pre recorded message as well as text messages.

although I find SMS via gsm more reliable. App notifications certainly not at the minute reliable and haven't been for some time although one hopes it will be fixed along with other app issues.

Something weird going on handymanjo.....i have the wire out of the bell terminal in the panel yet the outside sounder still rings when i trigger an alarm.......

Is the strobe trigger still the panel ?
Does the strobe flash when you trigger the alarm?

Check bell wire for shorts between bell trip and strobe trip ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back