Wireless alarm recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Am after a recomendation for a wireless alarm. Im an industrial sparks so dont generally do alarms but i have done a dozen or so in the past, Accenta or Texecom prem 24 usually. They have all been wired systems programmed with wintex.

I am wanting to fit a wireless alarm to a property. Wired would be better i agree but the cable runs are a total nightmare and it will have to be wireless.

System will consist of a panel and keypad (or an all in one), 3 PIR's, external sounder and 2 mag contacts.

Im probably biased towards the texecom richocet as used texecom before but will fit anything thats quality. Im looking for reliability and stability in the system as false alarms would be especially not desired.

The whole lot for around £300 would be ideal but they seem a little pricier than wired systems.

Any comments apreciatted.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
D852A6BB-FA23-4A1E-B261-46747EBB90F2.png Kit 4 is probably nearest

Or enforcer kit 3 ( my preferred choice on all wireless) although I am a long time installer of the premier

thanks sparkymarka,

Kit looks good value, looks like id just need a battery and cover for the sounder (+another contact)??

I love the texecom prem PIRS, have always fitted the DT's or TD's and have never had any problems regarding false alarms, even when placing in garages/sheds with rodents and insects.

How do these detectors compare do you think? and is the richocet programmable on wintex like the wired Prem 24's?

Why do you prefer the Pyronix over the texecom?

3 points .....don’t like the pirs in the kits , not too keen on the bellbox , would rather fit an hardwired one or at least with the pyronix , psu in the loft via the 12v input and finally you get a free WiFi card with the pyronix ....it’s about time Texecom started adding the smart comm in kits ....

Sponsored Links
True, the PIR's in kits tend to be the lowest spec ones...........any personal experience with poor texecom wireless ones?

I don’t rate the wireless pirs included in kits 1 to 4 and 86. The compact pw.
First reason don’t like pet wise sensors.
Don’t like the built in aerial
Don’t like the way the tamper mechanism damages the pcb.

Maybe The Texecom MD who does come on here ocassionally can look at the kit comments, asked for it to be revised with others many times.

You can flog the pw sensors on eBay and recover the costs and replace with QD or DT in the wireless range.

Programming is the same wrt to function, just the commissioning mode and learning devices on where you will see the main difference.

As for pyronix over texecom, pyronix wireless has frequency hoping to prevent radio jamming stopping the alarms wireless devices from functioning during a jamming event.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back