Proline oven PSO60fx dead will not switch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone help I have a proline oven PSO60fx.

There is no sign of life to the oven at all. I have had a comet engineer out and he said it was the selector switch. He tested the terminal box and it had power so he said it was the selector swith. They wanted over £100 pounds to repair it and the same part is ony £11 from curry's part master.

Which I have bought and fitted but still no joy nothing happens when turning the oven knob no light, no fan and no heat. I t feels like these's no power but the terminal box was live. The oven is fed from the same box that supplies power to the hob which works fine. So the feed is definately live.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JD

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and wonder if you have found a solution.
(Just to point out that there is no clock/timer so that is not the issue)

Thanks

The new EGO unit has different pinning to the old. To fit the new switch start by swapping the 3 wires from the terminals P3 - P1 - P2 which are Blue, Brown and Brown (the connection with 2 x Brown wires in the temp control) respectively. Now fit them to the new switch P1 - Blue, P3 - Brown (the connection with 2 x Brown wires in the temp control) and P5 - Brown.

Now on the other side terminals, 1 - Blue, 2 - Black, 4 - Brown and 5 - Red.

Took a little working out but I though I would share with you if of any use.

Sponsored Links
I know this is old but I had the same problem with my pso60fx recently so this may be of use to someone. If you remove the back panel, half way down on the right hand side is a thermal cut-out which cuts all power. That was my problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back