Smeg Concert SUK62MX8 One Oven not switching on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to get a second hand oven for next to nothing, its a smeg concert double electric oven / gas hob , it looks to have only light use, however I was told the bottom oven did not work . Top one works just fine mind

First thing I did was check the element , which was had continuity and showed around 30 Ohms and looked in good condition . So I checked the thermostat (switch behind the control knob) which had a burned out wire on, part of the terminal was also severely burned . I believe this wire leads to the oven element ( the element I checked earlier)

Anyhow I replaced the thermostat switch , hopeful that I would now have a working oven. However still there is no signs of life, no Oven LED (single led light) , No inner Oven bulb light, fan not spinning

Other notes:
Control panel works just fine as does the ignition on the gas hobs

I am wondering what I should check next

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You have set the timer I presume.
Yep I am an idiot, I presumed the unit was in default state , since it was unplugged for a long time . A few clicks on the control panel, and both ovens now work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back