Property earth wire

Sponsored Links
they suddenly announced that the flat never had an earth wire
I need arguments to persuade the builders to find the original earth wire
Ah, I'd forgotten that! In that case ....

lumepo: Did the previous electrical installation ever have an 'inspection' of any sort and, if so, do you have any documentation? Any inspection report would mention (very loudly!) the absence of an earth, and, assuming an earth were present, would give some information about it (e.g. test results). Photos of the old installation showing an earth wire would obviously be a bit of a clincher, but I suspect you won't have any of those!

[I always tend to take hundreds of 'before and after' photos whenever any work is done, mainly 'for posterity'/interest/amusement - but when there are tradesmen involved, particularly builders, I think it's even more important :) ]

Kind Regards, John

Any photos of this job would be very useful, I just can't understand how such a problem has occurred.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back