Protect kitchen unit from condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our kitchen is 7 years old. On the edges of the cupboards over the hob there's a tiny bit of delamination. We use the hob to boil water, in open pans, for tea/coffee, and the extractor fan doesn't always come on. Though I did notice that just now, even with the extractor on full, after boiling a pan there was still slight dampness on the edges.

Obviously we'll have to stop doing that. My wife doesn't like kettles, but I've told her I'm gettin gone. And I'll have to fix the extractor.

But we still need to cook. My experience of manmade boards is that once the start to open up, damage accelerates.

Any suggestions as to protect the edge please? I thought of clear silicone, but silicone goes horrible sometimes. Or some sort of clear tape - "helicopter tape" maybe. It's mainly just the lower horizontal edge at the bottom of the two cupboards either side.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Boiling water on a hob is expensive, get your kettle . You would not normally have cupboard over hob .Not much you can do to protect cupd, foil tape on the underside offers some protection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back