Protecting exposed brick....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
theres a brick on the front out our house, that is broken, in that the face of it has come off and the inside is exposed. Given that this is a victorian house its to be expected I guess...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a seal or something (preferable transparent) that I could paint onto it to protect it from the elements/water?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
theres a brick on the front out our house, that is broken, in that the face of it has come off and the inside is exposed. Given that this is a victorian house its to be expected I guess...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a seal or something (preferable transparent) that I could paint onto it to protect it from the elements/water?

Thanks
Thompson`s water seal :idea:

Sponsored Links
The problem you will have is that water is going to get around any face coating and still continue to blow the face off the brick

If its just part of the brick, you could smudge some [dyed] mortar over it, but anything other than replacement (or turning the brick around) is only temporary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back