Protecting my garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a scantronic 9751 covering the house, but would like to protect my garage, three windows, two doors. I currently have a bellbox that appears wired to a small white box, but there's no sensors, how could I go about extending the system, and what's the best sensors? Door contacts, pirs, window shock sensors?

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

Is it easy to set this up remotely? The garage is some way from the house and I've no idea if the bell box is a dummy with led or full blown!

Sponsored Links
033df88d86c139d79e03b5f9f0a500ea_zps3986080b.jpg

slightly off topic. I have my garage doors (vehicle and personal) set so the house alarm chimes (bleeps) when they are opened, as from the house I would not see someone going in.

This bleeps even when the alarm is not set. e.g. when we are at home during the day.

I did once catch someone in the garage when I had left it unlocked after working down there and come into the house for tea

If that is the only thing connected to the "bellbox" then I strongly suspect it is a dummy box.

I've been looking for a wireless expander but the price is prohibitive. Could I lay a wire from the house around ten metres away? The overall cable length would be in the region of 30 metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back