Protecting new Laminate Floor When Moving Appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of ideas around including sticking pads onto the feet of a washing machine. I've wary of doing that for risk of spin cycle moving washing machine out. I suppose i could buy a protective sheet and lay in front of the machine before lifting and dragging directly onto the sheet.

Or one that rarely get's mentioned is buy some castor cups for each foot.

Any suggestions appreciated please.

I have two appliances, dishwasher and washing machine

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I always spray the floor (with furniture polish) in front of a washing machine before I pull it out. It just glides out.

Andy

Clearly a man who's done it a few times... always listen to the voice of experience :)

I've heard of that method as well as washing up liquid. I think I am more concerned about the , sometimes, sharp edged feet scratching or at best marking the floor especially as its a light coloured laminate. Not looked in a while but being a Bosch is no guaranteed they'll be nice and smooth. Must check

Last edited:
I always ask the house holder for furniture polish, if they don't have any then I will use WD40. Never marked a floor, just make sure you spray it where the feet are.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I can see how that would work, which helps. Just spray in a line along where the machine will move.

I have some luxury vinyl strips which I could also use. Lift front of WM slide them under then pull the WM forward so the back feet go onto them. That as well as the polish so the whole lot glides would be handy. I shall give the furniture polish a go first. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back