Protecting outside cable (Appears to be a duplicate thread)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running a SWA to a shed, in my back garden, partially buried and partially fixed to a wall.

I understand it's fine just to attach to a permanent wall with clips, but I'd like a bit more protection, especially where it enters the ground.

What's the preference PVC heavy duty conduit or steel?

Routing the steel will be a pain and more expensive, but worried the PVC will look pants

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

I know about the tape, not seen any rule on depth, but was planning 5-600 or a bit more. It's only 6-7m so I don't mind digging deeper

Cable guard looks good, although I do have a bend to negotiate

Sponsored Links
There are regs on minimum & maximum depth for cables, sorry can`t remember this morning what they are.

I've seen advisory of 600mm but no regs. HSE website also says no regulation depth. The electrician hasn't given me a depth but if he's not happy to sign it off I guess I'll dig it deeper

Cool. Going for the coiled ducting, looks like I can get a good colour to blend in

Prefered colour

Electricity LV (Low Voltage) (( 230 volt is LV ))
Black or red duct or tile

450mm below pedestrian area
600mm below vehicle area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back